Friday, October 7, 2016

Blog Post #2 Narrative Favorite Place

Makayla Harvey
Melinda Schroeder
English 101
10/07/2016
My Heaven On Earth
     The trees whip past on both sides as their leaves of rainbow color crunch beneath me. The variants, gold to red, paint an unmatched master piece that surrounds me. Endless blue, speckled with fanciful clouds backdrops this already masterful scene. The sound of tires on pavement quickly switches to the gentle crunch of gravel under tire. Then as the assent is begun the lowering of gears and the strain of the motor grind against the forest's silence. The chorus of the engine was echoed by a birds refrain and fills my heart. The higher we climb the smells around begin to change. As gasoline and smog being to clear the perfume of nature, the clear and natural scent, wafts around me.

     Finally, to the end we make it. The endless ocean stretches out in its full expanse, just boasting of its grandeur. To my right and to my left I am surrounded by the frame of fall colors, all painted in front of a vastly endless clear sky. Hill after rolling hill stretches out before me. As the sun sinks down lower the sky lights up in a burst of beauty, taking my breath away. And as I watch, the crisp air nips at my face as the wind tossles with my hair. The picture perfect moment of my heaven on earth lays out before me.

I commented on Eve and Justine's blogs.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great blog post. I felt like I was watching a movie, and could hear the truck climbing the mountain. This must be somewhere in the Olympic Forest. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. This is so true from any beautiful hilltop on our Peninsula. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you described everything, it made me feel like I was actually there. It kept me guessing where you were/ what you were doing. I love the picture , too!

    ReplyDelete